A rising rap star who calls Chicago’s embattled south side home, Jody Duff makes his grand entrance into the Booth with his forthcoming mixtape’s latest single—which just so happens to be an exclusive world premiere. Wildside is an atmospheric street banger with a slow-rolling, blunted vibe. Over Bob Van Horne‘s warm synths, submerged vocal samples and trap-tinged percussion, the emcee makes an offer that I have a feeling many of our readers will be unable to refuse: “Get high with my squad and I promise that you won’t come down.” Craving more? Then be sure to cop Duff’s next street album, MULATTO, when it drops digitally on Tuesday, September 11.
Written by richard on 08/25/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.