Forecasting the direction history and technology will take in years to come has always been a dicey prospect, with predictions more often than not turning out to be flat-out wrong – I mean, weren’t we supposed to have flying cars by now? In any case, you won’t find any wild-eyed speculation of that sort on Welcome to the Future, the latest single and mixtape title track from Jody Breeze. Here, the banging brass boardwork of Jimmy L. sets a triumphant mood as the Georgia native describes a brighter tomorrow that’s like today in every respect save one: Jody Breeze is even more fresh, flashy and fly than he is at the present time. And that’s the kind of change we can all believe in – right, Booth readers? If you agree that the vision of utopia Breeze describes on this street scorcher is worth striving for, you can accompany the Young Gunna up-and-comer as he ushers in a brave, new era of whips, weed and expensive clothes on – you guessed it – April 20 (a.k.a. 4/20), when Welcome to the Future (the mixtape) hits the ‘net for free download.
Written by richard on 03/28/10
Submit your Rating
Young Gunna Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Start A Fire" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.