Forecasting the direction history and technology will take in years to come has always been a dicey prospect, with predictions more often than not turning out to be flat-out wrong – I mean, weren’t we supposed to have flying cars by now? In any case, you won’t find any wild-eyed speculation of that sort on Welcome to the Future, the latest single and mixtape title track from Jody Breeze. Here, the banging brass boardwork of Jimmy L. sets a triumphant mood as the Georgia native describes a brighter tomorrow that’s like today in every respect save one: Jody Breeze is even more fresh, flashy and fly than he is at the present time. And that’s the kind of change we can all believe in – right, Booth readers? If you agree that the vision of utopia Breeze describes on this street scorcher is worth striving for, you can accompany the Young Gunna up-and-comer as he ushers in a brave, new era of whips, weed and expensive clothes on – you guessed it – April 20 (a.k.a. 4/20), when Welcome to the Future (the mixtape) hits the ‘net for free download.
Written by richard on 03/28/10
Submit your Rating
Young Gunna Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Start A Fire" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.