Settle down, kids… I’m sure a few chuckles and snickers were stifled after you read the title of J.Nolan‘s latest feature. Sure, the song is called Getting It In, but if you are expecting some raunchy, X-rated cut, you will be disappointed. Getting It In is a surprisingly intelligent cut featuring a smooth, chiming beat from Bounce Brothas. Atop the intrumental, J. Nolan exhibits an engaging flow, but he really shines when you listen closely to the song’s lyrics. Nolan takes a critical perspective on adult entertainment, reflecting on the ways in which it affects our thoughts and actions. This record is a promo single and not part of anything bigger, but fans can hear more from J. Nolan on July’s Distinction LP, available for free streaming and download in The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/30/13
Submit your Rating
The Manifest Movement
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Angels Sing" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.