Settle down, kids… I’m sure a few chuckles and snickers were stifled after you read the title of J.Nolan‘s latest feature. Sure, the song is called Getting It In, but if you are expecting some raunchy, X-rated cut, you will be disappointed. Getting It In is a surprisingly intelligent cut featuring a smooth, chiming beat from Bounce Brothas. Atop the intrumental, J. Nolan exhibits an engaging flow, but he really shines when you listen closely to the song’s lyrics. Nolan takes a critical perspective on adult entertainment, reflecting on the ways in which it affects our thoughts and actions. This record is a promo single and not part of anything bigger, but fans can hear more from J. Nolan on July’s Distinction LP, available for free streaming and download in The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/30/13
Submit your Rating
The Manifest Movement
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Angels Sing" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)