Settle down, kids… I’m sure a few chuckles and snickers were stifled after you read the title of J.Nolan‘s latest feature. Sure, the song is called Getting It In, but if you are expecting some raunchy, X-rated cut, you will be disappointed. Getting It In is a surprisingly intelligent cut featuring a smooth, chiming beat from Bounce Brothas. Atop the intrumental, J. Nolan exhibits an engaging flow, but he really shines when you listen closely to the song’s lyrics. Nolan takes a critical perspective on adult entertainment, reflecting on the ways in which it affects our thoughts and actions. This record is a promo single and not part of anything bigger, but fans can hear more from J. Nolan on July’s Distinction LP, available for free streaming and download in The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/30/13
Submit your Rating
The Manifest Movement
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Angels Sing" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.