Not counting the recent, tour-exclusive 7” that was home to promo cut Fool, JMSN hasn’t released a project since dropping acclaimed debut full-length †Priscilla† back in December of 2011. If you’ve been longing for fresh material, take heart; the wait is almost over. As a foretaste of his newly-announced forthcoming EP, the Motown singer, songwriter and producer has liberated lead single Walk Away. As usual, JMSN showcases his skills on both sides of the mixing boards; his own moody, string-laced production sets the mood as he obliquely reflects on the disintegration of a relationship. Does this mournful cut (available now for digital purchase) bode well for the forthcoming †Pllajé†? I think I know the answer but, as always, y’all get to render the final verdict. If you’re feeling it, stay tuned for further fresh singles leading up to the project’s November 5, release via White Room Records.
Written by richard on 09/18/13
Submit your Rating
White Room Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Girl I Used to Know" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.