Not counting the recent, tour-exclusive 7” that was home to promo cut Fool, JMSN hasn’t released a project since dropping acclaimed debut full-length †Priscilla† back in December of 2011. If you’ve been longing for fresh material, take heart; the wait is almost over. As a foretaste of his newly-announced forthcoming EP, the Motown singer, songwriter and producer has liberated lead single Walk Away. As usual, JMSN showcases his skills on both sides of the mixing boards; his own moody, string-laced production sets the mood as he obliquely reflects on the disintegration of a relationship. Does this mournful cut (available now for digital purchase) bode well for the forthcoming †Pllajé†? I think I know the answer but, as always, y’all get to render the final verdict. If you’re feeling it, stay tuned for further fresh singles leading up to the project’s November 5, release via White Room Records.
Written by richard on 09/18/13
Submit your Rating
White Room Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Girl I Used to Know" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.