Not counting the recent, tour-exclusive 7” that was home to promo cut Fool, JMSN hasn’t released a project since dropping acclaimed debut full-length †Priscilla† back in December of 2011. If you’ve been longing for fresh material, take heart; the wait is almost over. As a foretaste of his newly-announced forthcoming EP, the Motown singer, songwriter and producer has liberated lead single Walk Away. As usual, JMSN showcases his skills on both sides of the mixing boards; his own moody, string-laced production sets the mood as he obliquely reflects on the disintegration of a relationship. Does this mournful cut (available now for digital purchase) bode well for the forthcoming †Pllajé†? I think I know the answer but, as always, y’all get to render the final verdict. If you’re feeling it, stay tuned for further fresh singles leading up to the project’s November 5, release via White Room Records.
Written by richard on 09/18/13
Submit your Rating
White Room Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Girl I Used to Know" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Every Girl Drake’s Ever Mentioned in a Song Ever
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.