Not counting the recent, tour-exclusive 7” that was home to promo cut Fool, JMSN hasn’t released a project since dropping acclaimed debut full-length †Priscilla† back in December of 2011. If you’ve been longing for fresh material, take heart; the wait is almost over. As a foretaste of his newly-announced forthcoming EP, the Motown singer, songwriter and producer has liberated lead single Walk Away. As usual, JMSN showcases his skills on both sides of the mixing boards; his own moody, string-laced production sets the mood as he obliquely reflects on the disintegration of a relationship. Does this mournful cut (available now for digital purchase) bode well for the forthcoming †Pllajé†? I think I know the answer but, as always, y’all get to render the final verdict. If you’re feeling it, stay tuned for further fresh singles leading up to the project’s November 5, release via White Room Records.
Written by richard on 09/18/13
Submit your Rating
White Room Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Girl I Used to Know" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.