Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Update: We have added the self-directed visuals for JMSN’s The One.
Last month, JMSN officially lit the fuse on his next project with the release of Walk Away, a mournful lead single which won a phenomenal 4.5-star average rating from our readers. Today, the Motown singer/songwriter and producer returns to our pages with freshly-minted follow-up The One. While retaining its predecessor’s melancholy vibe, this artist-produced ballad is more open and approachable in tone. Accompanied by keening strings and a boom bap-informed rhythm section, JMSN explores his conflicted feelings toward a certain woman, delivering his verses in a plaintive falsetto. The follow-up to 2012’s acclaimed †Priscilla† LP, †Pllaje† is available for stream and purchase at The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 01/16/14
Submit your Rating
White Room Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Girl I Used to Know" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.