Those who have followed JSMN‘s features on our pages know that he’s one of the most-remixed artists in DJBooth history. So it was pretty much a given that we’d be featuring at least two versions of the second single off his latest project. Today, The One finally becomes plural thanks to Parisian buzzmaker Stwo. The artist-produced original was (as I remarked when it dropped in late October) surprisingly “open and approachable” in comparison to JMSN’s usual fare, yet it retained a slightly chilly vibe. This time around, backed by the aforementioned beatsmith’s gentle, jazzy keyboard chords and accelerated rhythm section, it sounds downright warm and inviting. Has Stwo managed to top the EP version of the cut? As always, y’all get to lay down the final verdict. The latter is available, along with the rest of †Pllajë†, for free streaming right here in the Booth.
Written by richard on 11/26/13
Submit your Rating
White Room Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Girl I Used to Know" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.