Those who have followed JSMN‘s features on our pages know that he’s one of the most-remixed artists in DJBooth history. So it was pretty much a given that we’d be featuring at least two versions of the second single off his latest project. Today, The One finally becomes plural thanks to Parisian buzzmaker Stwo. The artist-produced original was (as I remarked when it dropped in late October) surprisingly “open and approachable” in comparison to JMSN’s usual fare, yet it retained a slightly chilly vibe. This time around, backed by the aforementioned beatsmith’s gentle, jazzy keyboard chords and accelerated rhythm section, it sounds downright warm and inviting. Has Stwo managed to top the EP version of the cut? As always, y’all get to lay down the final verdict. The latter is available, along with the rest of †Pllajë†, for free streaming right here in the Booth.
Written by richard on 11/26/13
White Room Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Girl I Used to Know" (2011)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.