Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Update: We have added the self-directed visuals for JMSN’s The One.
Last month, JMSN officially lit the fuse on his next project with the release of Walk Away, a mournful lead single which won a phenomenal 4.5-star average rating from our readers. Today, the Motown singer/songwriter and producer returns to our pages with freshly-minted follow-up The One. While retaining its predecessor’s melancholy vibe, this artist-produced ballad is more open and approachable in tone. Accompanied by keening strings and a boom bap-informed rhythm section, JMSN explores his conflicted feelings toward a certain woman, delivering his verses in a plaintive falsetto. The follow-up to 2012’s acclaimed †Priscilla† LP, †Pllaje† is available for stream and purchase at The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 01/16/14
Submit your Rating
White Room Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Girl I Used to Know" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)