Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Update: We have added the self-directed visuals for JMSN’s The One.
Last month, JMSN officially lit the fuse on his next project with the release of Walk Away, a mournful lead single which won a phenomenal 4.5-star average rating from our readers. Today, the Motown singer/songwriter and producer returns to our pages with freshly-minted follow-up The One. While retaining its predecessor’s melancholy vibe, this artist-produced ballad is more open and approachable in tone. Accompanied by keening strings and a boom bap-informed rhythm section, JMSN explores his conflicted feelings toward a certain woman, delivering his verses in a plaintive falsetto. The follow-up to 2012’s acclaimed †Priscilla† LP, †Pllaje† is available for stream and purchase at The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 01/16/14
Submit your Rating
White Room Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Girl I Used to Know" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.