Booth readers, I don’t say this lightly, but JMSN‘s latest feature is really Something. And the video? Well, it’s something else. Oh, you’re looking for specifics? Let’s see… single numéro trois off his newly-released debut full-length, the record finds the indie crooner continuing in the moody, reflective vein of his last feature, the acclaimed Alone. Whereas that record saw JMSN flying solo, however, this joint describes the kind of loneliness that can take root in the midst of a relationship whose spark is dying. Over his own brooding boardwork, a headphone-ready mix of understated guitar riffs, insistent percussion and atmospheric string flourishes, the Detroit native describes a once-passionate love that’s faded into an empty shell of what it once was: “Lights go off, we f*ck around, it just don’t feel the same…” Fans can find this cathartic cut and much more on JMSN’s †Priscilla† LP, released to iTunes today. Oh, and don’t forget to peep that video—unless you’re squeamish about slimy sea creatures…or blood… or dirty bathwater.
Written by richard on 01/10/12
Submit your Rating
White Room Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Girl I Used to Know" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.