Thought the release of tour-exclusive EP inclusion Fool meant JMSN was done dropping singles and videos off his 2012 studio debut? Au contraire, mon frere; he was simply taking a breather. Today, the ever-creative singer/songwriter/producer returns to our pages with yet another fresh single and accompanying set of visuals. On Love & Pain, the Detroit native showcases a more vulnerable side of his artistic persona, telling a woman in his life, “Your love is everything to me.” A self-produced beat built around a plaintive sax loop accompanies JMSN’s vocals. As usual, Stephen Mallett‘s video comes loaded with symbolism; a post on the artist’s Tumblr spells it all out. Still haven’t copped †Priscilla†? Click here to stream the set right here in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 07/23/13
Submit your Rating
White Room Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Girl I Used to Know" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.