Thought the release of tour-exclusive EP inclusion Fool meant JMSN was done dropping singles and videos off his 2012 studio debut? Au contraire, mon frere; he was simply taking a breather. Today, the ever-creative singer/songwriter/producer returns to our pages with yet another fresh single and accompanying set of visuals. On Love & Pain, the Detroit native showcases a more vulnerable side of his artistic persona, telling a woman in his life, “Your love is everything to me.” A self-produced beat built around a plaintive sax loop accompanies JMSN’s vocals. As usual, Stephen Mallett‘s video comes loaded with symbolism; a post on the artist’s Tumblr spells it all out. Still haven’t copped †Priscilla†? Click here to stream the set right here in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 07/23/13
Submit your Rating
White Room Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Girl I Used to Know" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.