Thought the release of tour-exclusive EP inclusion Fool meant JMSN was done dropping singles and videos off his 2012 studio debut? Au contraire, mon frere; he was simply taking a breather. Today, the ever-creative singer/songwriter/producer returns to our pages with yet another fresh single and accompanying set of visuals. On Love & Pain, the Detroit native showcases a more vulnerable side of his artistic persona, telling a woman in his life, “Your love is everything to me.” A self-produced beat built around a plaintive sax loop accompanies JMSN’s vocals. As usual, Stephen Mallett‘s video comes loaded with symbolism; a post on the artist’s Tumblr spells it all out. Still haven’t copped †Priscilla†? Click here to stream the set right here in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 07/23/13
Submit your Rating
White Room Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Girl I Used to Know" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.