Though JMSN‘s name may not ring a bell for listeners in the Booth, those with healthy long-term memory may recall being introduced to an artist going by “Christian TV” back in July. The artist’s first feature under his fresh, new moniker (perhaps he was sick of smartass journalists associating him with The 700 Club), this moody single finds the Los Angeles singer/songwriter (and former Universal signee) sitting in a Hotel room with only a bottle for company, “staring at the starry night” as he reminisces about the estranged “girl of [his] dreams.” Backed by his own subtle, intricately-layered blend of live and synthesized musical elements, JMSN struggles between his bitterness at her being with someone else, and his desire to reach out to her (“...should I send this text?”). Ultimately he stays his hand, reasoning, “At least she’s happy… without me.” Has this bittersweet selection piqued your interest? Fans can peep the official video here, as well as keeping it locked for all the latest on JMSN’s yet-untitled and unscheduled full-length debut.
Written by richard on 10/5/11
Submit your Rating
White Room Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Girl I Used to Know" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)