Though JMSN‘s name may not ring a bell for listeners in the Booth, those with healthy long-term memory may recall being introduced to an artist going by “Christian TV” back in July. The artist’s first feature under his fresh, new moniker (perhaps he was sick of smartass journalists associating him with The 700 Club), this moody single finds the Los Angeles singer/songwriter (and former Universal signee) sitting in a Hotel room with only a bottle for company, “staring at the starry night” as he reminisces about the estranged “girl of [his] dreams.” Backed by his own subtle, intricately-layered blend of live and synthesized musical elements, JMSN struggles between his bitterness at her being with someone else, and his desire to reach out to her (“...should I send this text?”). Ultimately he stays his hand, reasoning, “At least she’s happy… without me.” Has this bittersweet selection piqued your interest? Fans can peep the official video here, as well as keeping it locked for all the latest on JMSN’s yet-untitled and unscheduled full-length debut.
Written by richard on 10/5/11
Submit your Rating
White Room Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Girl I Used to Know" (2011)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.