Do U Remember the Time French beatsmith Evil Needle remixed a standout cut off JMSN‘s debut set? Well, the album version of the cut has finally made it onto The DJBooth, accompanied by the luminous visuals of Chris Cuseo. In contrast to the aforementioned revamp’s chill, stripped-down vibe, the self-produced original showcases the Motown repper’s talent for complex, cinematic arrangements. Strings, layered synth arpeggios and reverb-drenched hip-hop drums collide to create a melancholy, yet subtly driving backdrop for the artist’s bittersweet verses. Nearly all of the tracks on 2012’s †Priscilla† (and assorted remixes) have been featured on our pages but, for those who want to hear ‘em all together, the LP is still available for free streaming.
Written by richard on 06/18/14
Submit your Rating
White Room Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Girl I Used to Know" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.