Could you see yourself staring out of a window, shadows covering half of your face with rain dripping down the glass, as you belt love songs after a break-up? Well, one listen to JMSN’s latest song release Alone and that scenario shouldn’t be hard to imagine. On his newest single, the Detroit-crooner gives listeners something that even The Weeknd couldn’t top. Over his own self-produced boardwork, an intricate overlaying of electric guitars and anomalous synths, JMSN creates a record that could easily hit radio yet maintains the elusiveness that many underground artists love to project. JMSN does well to create a stand-out vocal image by presenting a bold soprano and transports his desperation for love into something that has the opportunity to be timeless. Seeing the potential in JMSN’s work, I can bet a human body that his forthcoming album release †Priscilla† will take him out of solitude. Be sure to check for the album’s release on January 11 and the visual for Alone, which are set to premiere on DJBooth TV later tonight!
UPDATE: Check out the brand new video for Alone!
White Room Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Girl I Used to Know" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.