Move over, ¡MAYDAY!. While the Strange Music crew’s 2011 single, Highs & Lows, was recently featured in its third incarnation (a dope, Statik Selektah-produced remix, to be specific), Motown singer/songwriter JMSN has seized the crown for “Most Booth Posts Spawned by a Single Song” with his latest version of Alone. Previously featured in its original rendition, accompanied by the official visuals, and in a remixed form courtesy of the Cunnilynguists’ Kno, the record has been worked yet again—this time by 19-year-old beatsmith Different Sleep. The San Diego native adheres more closely to the original’s subterranean sound than Kno did with his driving rendition, but nonetheless makes the record his own, undergirding the artist’s haunting vocals with cavernous synth ambiance and staccato bells. How does his take stack up against its predecessors? Well, that’s for you to decide. JMSN is currently preparing to embark on a national tour in support of his †Priscilla† LP, accompanied by MiMOSA, and featuring appearances by Curren$y and The Cool Kids on selected dates. Tickets are available now via the artist’s official site.
Written by richard on 09/25/12
Submit your Rating
White Room Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Girl I Used to Know" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.