Move over, ¡MAYDAY!. While the Strange Music crew’s 2011 single, Highs & Lows, was recently featured in its third incarnation (a dope, Statik Selektah-produced remix, to be specific), Motown singer/songwriter JMSN has seized the crown for “Most Booth Posts Spawned by a Single Song” with his latest version of Alone. Previously featured in its original rendition, accompanied by the official visuals, and in a remixed form courtesy of the Cunnilynguists’ Kno, the record has been worked yet again—this time by 19-year-old beatsmith Different Sleep. The San Diego native adheres more closely to the original’s subterranean sound than Kno did with his driving rendition, but nonetheless makes the record his own, undergirding the artist’s haunting vocals with cavernous synth ambiance and staccato bells. How does his take stack up against its predecessors? Well, that’s for you to decide. JMSN is currently preparing to embark on a national tour in support of his †Priscilla† LP, accompanied by MiMOSA, and featuring appearances by Curren$y and The Cool Kids on selected dates. Tickets are available now via the artist’s official site.
Written by richard on 09/25/12
Submit your Rating
White Room Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Girl I Used to Know" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.