Could you see yourself staring out of a window, shadows covering half of your face with rain dripping down the glass, as you belt love songs after a break-up? Well, one listen to JMSN’s latest song release Alone and that scenario shouldn’t be hard to imagine. On his newest single, the Detroit-crooner gives listeners something that even The Weeknd couldn’t top. Over his own self-produced boardwork, an intricate overlaying of electric guitars and anomalous synths, JMSN creates a record that could easily hit radio yet maintains the elusiveness that many underground artists love to project. JMSN does well to create a stand-out vocal image by presenting a bold soprano and transports his desperation for love into something that has the opportunity to be timeless. Seeing the potential in JMSN’s work, I can bet a human body that his forthcoming album release †Priscilla† will take him out of solitude. Be sure to check for the album’s release on January 11 and the visual for Alone, which are set to premiere on DJBooth TV later tonight!
UPDATE: Check out the brand new video for Alone!
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 10/24/11
Submit your Rating
White Room Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Girl I Used to Know" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.