The bold composition, the subtle use of color, that enigmatic smile—just a few of the many reasons why da Vinci’s Mona Lisa is considered one of the greatest artistic achievements in human history. If you ask Booth newcomer J’Lynn, though, there’s one miniscule revision that could make the masterpiece even better: a Swisher blunt between Lisa del Giocondo’s lips. On this freshly-released promo single, the Brooklyn rhymesayer recounts how he introduced a picture-perfect shawty to the pleasures of kush. In between the headliner’s, Booth fave Kendrick Lamar grabs the mic to lace Dashius Clay‘s blissfully hazy, soul-sampled boardwork with some imaginative pillow talk of his own (“I used to love you like cereal on the weekend…”). What do you think, Booth readers: is this blunted selection as close to perfection as the painting to which it owes its name? If you’re leaning toward the affirmative, then keep it locked. This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but we’ll be sure to keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes from the Big Apple up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 03/18/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.