The bold composition, the subtle use of color, that enigmatic smile—just a few of the many reasons why da Vinci’s Mona Lisa is considered one of the greatest artistic achievements in human history. If you ask Booth newcomer J’Lynn, though, there’s one miniscule revision that could make the masterpiece even better: a Swisher blunt between Lisa del Giocondo’s lips. On this freshly-released promo single, the Brooklyn rhymesayer recounts how he introduced a picture-perfect shawty to the pleasures of kush. In between the headliner’s, Booth fave Kendrick Lamar grabs the mic to lace Dashius Clay‘s blissfully hazy, soul-sampled boardwork with some imaginative pillow talk of his own (“I used to love you like cereal on the weekend…”). What do you think, Booth readers: is this blunted selection as close to perfection as the painting to which it owes its name? If you’re leaning toward the affirmative, then keep it locked. This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but we’ll be sure to keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes from the Big Apple up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 03/18/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.