In the immortal words of ‘90s funk-rock band Faith No More, “What is it?” While even the wisest philosophers have been stumped by that ambiguous question, in this case we have a very clear answer. It is an Asian-influenced beat from producer J.J. Brown –who made his DJBooth debut with Eternia on Gender Bender - that he crafted in order to create a sonic atmosphere conducive to dope rhymes. Mission accomplished. On the It (Remix) three talented emcees take turns going in, starting with the lyrically hard Prince Po, transitioning to the heavyweight flows of Armageddon and finishing with verse from Purple Ribbon all-star Kyle Lucas. Who went in over the beat best? My money’s on Armageddon; we’ll find out soon if DJBooth nation agrees with me. Have at it in the comments below people. While It (Remix) is an internet exclusive, the original and plenty more dopeness can be found on Brown’s Connect the Dots album, available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/21/10
Submit your Rating
Well Done Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gender Bender" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.