In the immortal words of ‘90s funk-rock band Faith No More, “What is it?” While even the wisest philosophers have been stumped by that ambiguous question, in this case we have a very clear answer. It is an Asian-influenced beat from producer J.J. Brown –who made his DJBooth debut with Eternia on Gender Bender - that he crafted in order to create a sonic atmosphere conducive to dope rhymes. Mission accomplished. On the It (Remix) three talented emcees take turns going in, starting with the lyrically hard Prince Po, transitioning to the heavyweight flows of Armageddon and finishing with verse from Purple Ribbon all-star Kyle Lucas. Who went in over the beat best? My money’s on Armageddon; we’ll find out soon if DJBooth nation agrees with me. Have at it in the comments below people. While It (Remix) is an internet exclusive, the original and plenty more dopeness can be found on Brown’s Connect the Dots album, available now.
Well Done Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gender Bender" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.