In the immortal words of ‘90s funk-rock band Faith No More, “What is it?” While even the wisest philosophers have been stumped by that ambiguous question, in this case we have a very clear answer. It is an Asian-influenced beat from producer J.J. Brown –who made his DJBooth debut with Eternia on Gender Bender - that he crafted in order to create a sonic atmosphere conducive to dope rhymes. Mission accomplished. On the It (Remix) three talented emcees take turns going in, starting with the lyrically hard Prince Po, transitioning to the heavyweight flows of Armageddon and finishing with verse from Purple Ribbon all-star Kyle Lucas. Who went in over the beat best? My money’s on Armageddon; we’ll find out soon if DJBooth nation agrees with me. Have at it in the comments below people. While It (Remix) is an internet exclusive, the original and plenty more dopeness can be found on Brown’s Connect the Dots album, available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/21/10
Submit your Rating
Well Done Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gender Bender" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.