It seems like it was years ago, but its only been 10 months since Trayvon Martin was shot and killed. Unfortunately, as is the case with most news stories, the mainstream media appears to have moved on from talking about it. DJBooth newcomer Jitta On The Track has a different agenda, though. Just because the CNN’s of the world aren’t talking about Trayvon doesn’t mean Jitta isn’t. For his first Booth feature, the Connecticut based emcee brings us a powerful set of visuals to accompany the equally strong single Letters Part III. As Jitta strolls down the track’s street, with his hoodie on and a bag of Skittles and iced tea in hand, producer hEy KiD’s Vertical Horizon-sampled boardwork sets the tone. Jitta’s record may not be the uplifting, but it is certainly powerful and insightful, two qualities you’d expect from someone who claims to have a “Martin Luther King mind with a Coretta soul.” You can find more thought-provoking cuts on Jitta’s Karmaloop-sponsored mixtape Alphabet Soup, out now.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.