It seems like it was years ago, but its only been 10 months since Trayvon Martin was shot and killed. Unfortunately, as is the case with most news stories, the mainstream media appears to have moved on from talking about it. DJBooth newcomer Jitta On The Track has a different agenda, though. Just because the CNN’s of the world aren’t talking about Trayvon doesn’t mean Jitta isn’t. For his first Booth feature, the Connecticut based emcee brings us a powerful set of visuals to accompany the equally strong single Letters Part III. As Jitta strolls down the track’s street, with his hoodie on and a bag of Skittles and iced tea in hand, producer hEy KiD’s Vertical Horizon-sampled boardwork sets the tone. Jitta’s record may not be the uplifting, but it is certainly powerful and insightful, two qualities you’d expect from someone who claims to have a “Martin Luther King mind with a Coretta soul.” You can find more thought-provoking cuts on Jitta’s Karmaloop-sponsored mixtape Alphabet Soup, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/3/12
Submit your Rating
Homegrown Music Group/Lumber Life
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"KEWL " (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.