It seems like it was years ago, but its only been 10 months since Trayvon Martin was shot and killed. Unfortunately, as is the case with most news stories, the mainstream media appears to have moved on from talking about it. DJBooth newcomer Jitta On The Track has a different agenda, though. Just because the CNN’s of the world aren’t talking about Trayvon doesn’t mean Jitta isn’t. For his first Booth feature, the Connecticut based emcee brings us a powerful set of visuals to accompany the equally strong single Letters Part III. As Jitta strolls down the track’s street, with his hoodie on and a bag of Skittles and iced tea in hand, producer hEy KiD’s Vertical Horizon-sampled boardwork sets the tone. Jitta’s record may not be the uplifting, but it is certainly powerful and insightful, two qualities you’d expect from someone who claims to have a “Martin Luther King mind with a Coretta soul.” You can find more thought-provoking cuts on Jitta’s Karmaloop-sponsored mixtape Alphabet Soup, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/3/12
Homegrown Music Group/Lumber Life
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"KEWL " (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)