Hartford, Connecticut’s Jitta on the Track first introduced himself to The DJBooth with late 2012’s Letters Part III, a powerful reflection on Trayvon Martin’s murder earlier that year. Fresh off contributing guest bars to fellow Nutmeg State repper Chris Webby‘s Good Day, the emcee finally makes his return to the spotlight with KEWL, a mixtape single (and Booth-exclusive world premiere!) that lives up to its title and then some. Scott Styles mans the boards on this larger-than-life street banger, cooking up a menacing orchestral beat to accompany the braggadocious rhymes of Jitta and Booth newcomer Buckweat Bill. Hunter Lyon directs the joint’s hyperkinetic visual accompaniment. Bipolar is slated to drop in late July. In the meantime, keep your browsers locked for the latest song releases.
Written by richard on 06/12/14
Submit your Rating
Homegrown Music Group/Lumber Life
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Letters Part III " (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)