Hartford, Connecticut’s Jitta on the Track first introduced himself to The DJBooth with late 2012’s Letters Part III, a powerful reflection on Trayvon Martin’s murder earlier that year. Fresh off contributing guest bars to fellow Nutmeg State repper Chris Webby‘s Good Day, the emcee finally makes his return to the spotlight with KEWL, a mixtape single (and Booth-exclusive world premiere!) that lives up to its title and then some. Scott Styles mans the boards on this larger-than-life street banger, cooking up a menacing orchestral beat to accompany the braggadocious rhymes of Jitta and Booth newcomer Buckweat Bill. Hunter Lyon directs the joint’s hyperkinetic visual accompaniment. Bipolar is slated to drop in late July. In the meantime, keep your browsers locked for the latest song releases.
Written by richard on 06/12/14
Submit your Rating
Homegrown Music Group/Lumber Life
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Letters Part III " (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.