Psst! Yeah, you! Wanna hear a secret? Jinx has stepped into the Booth with the world premiere of his latest single… Don’t Tell Nobody, though. Well, OK—it’d be a shame to keep a song this dope under wraps. In fact, you can go ahead and spread it around. The artist’s first Booth feature since stepping into the Booth with time-traveling love ballad F.I.L.A., this laid-back jam reprises its predecessor’s romantic theme, while trading in its fantastic trappings for something a little more down-to-Earth. Over Lion’s Share Music Group‘s smooth production, the emcee describes a female whose grace and beauty turns him from a mack daddy into a nervous wreck. Though he doesn’t work up the nerve within the span of the record (“I can’t believe I chickened out for the millionth time.”), he remains hopeful; as hookman Ernie Halter puts it, “Someday, I’ll find the right words to say.” Are you loving this easily-relatable banger? More awaits on Jinx’s Funeral Kings LP, scheduled to hit the ‘net in November.
Written by richard on 10/3/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)