Psst! Yeah, you! Wanna hear a secret? Jinx has stepped into the Booth with the world premiere of his latest single… Don’t Tell Nobody, though. Well, OK—it’d be a shame to keep a song this dope under wraps. In fact, you can go ahead and spread it around. The artist’s first Booth feature since stepping into the Booth with time-traveling love ballad F.I.L.A., this laid-back jam reprises its predecessor’s romantic theme, while trading in its fantastic trappings for something a little more down-to-Earth. Over Lion’s Share Music Group‘s smooth production, the emcee describes a female whose grace and beauty turns him from a mack daddy into a nervous wreck. Though he doesn’t work up the nerve within the span of the record (“I can’t believe I chickened out for the millionth time.”), he remains hopeful; as hookman Ernie Halter puts it, “Someday, I’ll find the right words to say.” Are you loving this easily-relatable banger? More awaits on Jinx’s Funeral Kings LP, scheduled to hit the ‘net in November.
Written by richard on 10/3/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.