Jin‘s last appearance on our pages came back in 2007, when he stepped into the Booth for an interview with our very own DJ Z. In the intervening years, the pioneering East Asian emcee and Freestyle Friday Hall of Famer has gone through some serious life changes—including, in ‘09, becoming a born-again Christian. Freshly-released as the lead single off Rapzilla‘s forthcoming compilation, Over the Edge is heavily influenced by the artist’s newfound faith. Beatsmith Jay Wonda‘s keyboard arpeggios back the emcee as he describes the hopelessness that consumed him prior to his spiritual awakening, and thanks the Man Upstairs for lifting him out of despondency. Singer Dawen lends his glittering vocal harmonies to the record’s hook. This is just one of many fresh cuts slated for inclusion on King Kulture: Stop the Traffic, a project dedicated to the fight against human trafficking. Click here to pre-order the set in anticipation of its August 27, release via iTunes.
Written by richard on 07/25/13
Submit your Rating
The Great Company
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.