Jin‘s last appearance on our pages came back in 2007, when he stepped into the Booth for an interview with our very own DJ Z. In the intervening years, the pioneering East Asian emcee and Freestyle Friday Hall of Famer has gone through some serious life changes—including, in ‘09, becoming a born-again Christian. Freshly-released as the lead single off Rapzilla‘s forthcoming compilation, Over the Edge is heavily influenced by the artist’s newfound faith. Beatsmith Jay Wonda‘s keyboard arpeggios back the emcee as he describes the hopelessness that consumed him prior to his spiritual awakening, and thanks the Man Upstairs for lifting him out of despondency. Singer Dawen lends his glittering vocal harmonies to the record’s hook. This is just one of many fresh cuts slated for inclusion on King Kulture: Stop the Traffic, a project dedicated to the fight against human trafficking. Click here to pre-order the set in anticipation of its August 27, release via iTunes.
Written by richard on 07/25/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fast Forward ft. Freeway" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.