Earlier this afternoon, we heard KaliRaps pray for his enemies on a newly-released single. Turns out he ain’t the only rapper getting down on his knees today. Jimmy Johnson, the latest addition to Drake‘s OVO stable, has a few words with the Man Upstairs on his latest single and first DJBooth feature. Specifically, the T-Dot resident wants to get God’s assurance that he’s not dreaming, now that he’s finally begun to receive his rightful shine. As he describes his hedonistic, caked-up lifestyle over Eric Dingus‘s thundering bass and trap drums, he switches between a clean, flowed delivery and Autotuned gurgles reminiscent of Future and Young Thug. Has this debut feature piqued your interest? Then keep it locked; while PRAY is just a promo cut, I have a feeling we’ll be hearing more from Johnson in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 03/24/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.