Last we heard from Jimmy B., on his May debut feature, he was marching alongside site regular Big Sant at the head of a Black Army. Now, he and his troops have arrived at their destination, but the Toronto repper is too sportsmanlike simply to let loose at his enemies. Instead, on this freshly-minted EP single (premiering in the Booth along with Keaton Evans and Robbie Aitken‘s official visuals!), he announces his presence with a Warning Shot. LEF7Y mans the mixing boards on this street-ready cut, crafting a tense synth-percussion backdrop for the SmashMouth signee’s aggressive rhymes. The L.O.R.D.S EP to which this cut is attached is available at the artist’s BandCamp page.
Written by richard on 07/8/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Army " (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.