Following the ‘official’ release of his latest project, Harlem’s American Gangster, Jim Jones conducted a plethora of interviews about the status of his Dipset crew, his relationship with AWOL member Cam’ron and the mind boggling amount of money that Sony dropped in his lap for a multiple-album arrangement with Koch. On the new song, Take Em To Church (not to be confused with the title of his debut album, On My Way to Church), Jones recounts his early years in the industry and the many ways making money has effected his friendships, business relationships and dreams. This isn’t a man bragging about his wealth, it is an artist better understanding his profession. Take Em To Church can be found on Big Mike & The Empire: Interstate Trafficking Reloaded mixtape.
Listen to More: Jim Jones
Written by DJ Z on 03/17/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix) ft. T.I., Young Dro, Diddy & Baby" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.