Following the ‘official’ release of his latest project, Harlem’s American Gangster, Jim Jones conducted a plethora of interviews about the status of his Dipset crew, his relationship with AWOL member Cam’ron and the mind boggling amount of money that Sony dropped in his lap for a multiple-album arrangement with Koch. On the new song, Take Em To Church (not to be confused with the title of his debut album, On My Way to Church), Jones recounts his early years in the industry and the many ways making money has effected his friendships, business relationships and dreams. This isn’t a man bragging about his wealth, it is an artist better understanding his profession. Take Em To Church can be found on Big Mike & The Empire: Interstate Trafficking Reloaded mixtape.
Listen to More: Jim Jones
Written by DJ Z on 03/17/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix) ft. T.I., Young Dro, Diddy & Baby" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.