I can’t remember the last time I was this surprised. Was it when I discovered that squeaky clean family man Tiger Woods was a stripper loving sex addict? Or perhaps it was when I realized Bruce Willis was actually dead in The Sixth Sense? Whatever the proper analogy, the point is that I did not see Jim Jones’ new single, Perfect Day, coming. Inspired by the recent success of pop/rock/hip-hop hybrids like Nothin on You, or at least that’s my guess, the Harlem gangster has taken a decidedly different route on Perfect Day, recruiting producer Logic to craft a lightly strumming, guitar laced, feel good jam underpinned with just enough bass to not completely float off the streets. As for the vocals, if you were longing to hear Jones sing in auto-tune assisted harmony and rap about the purer pleasures in life, sentiments echoed by Chink Santana, today is your
perfect day. Is this the crossover hit Jones needs to make his upcoming album, Capo, fly off the shelves when it hits stores on February 22? We’ll find out soon in the comments below.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/5/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.