I can’t remember the last time I was this surprised. Was it when I discovered that squeaky clean family man Tiger Woods was a stripper loving sex addict? Or perhaps it was when I realized Bruce Willis was actually dead in The Sixth Sense? Whatever the proper analogy, the point is that I did not see Jim Jones’ new single, Perfect Day, coming. Inspired by the recent success of pop/rock/hip-hop hybrids like Nothin on You, or at least that’s my guess, the Harlem gangster has taken a decidedly different route on Perfect Day, recruiting producer Logic to craft a lightly strumming, guitar laced, feel good jam underpinned with just enough bass to not completely float off the streets. As for the vocals, if you were longing to hear Jones sing in auto-tune assisted harmony and rap about the purer pleasures in life, sentiments echoed by Chink Santana, today is your
perfect day. Is this the crossover hit Jones needs to make his upcoming album, Capo, fly off the shelves when it hits stores on February 22? We’ll find out soon in the comments below.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/5/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.