I can’t remember the last time I was this surprised. Was it when I discovered that squeaky clean family man Tiger Woods was a stripper loving sex addict? Or perhaps it was when I realized Bruce Willis was actually dead in The Sixth Sense? Whatever the proper analogy, the point is that I did not see Jim Jones’ new single, Perfect Day, coming. Inspired by the recent success of pop/rock/hip-hop hybrids like Nothin on You, or at least that’s my guess, the Harlem gangster has taken a decidedly different route on Perfect Day, recruiting producer Logic to craft a lightly strumming, guitar laced, feel good jam underpinned with just enough bass to not completely float off the streets. As for the vocals, if you were longing to hear Jones sing in auto-tune assisted harmony and rap about the purer pleasures in life, sentiments echoed by Chink Santana, today is your
perfect day. Is this the crossover hit Jones needs to make his upcoming album, Capo, fly off the shelves when it hits stores on February 22? We’ll find out soon in the comments below.
Written by Nathan S. on 12/5/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.