After encouraging listeners to Believe in Magic on his last solo feature, released in May 2011 as part of Pitchfork.TV‘s Selector Series, Jim Jones promptly pulled a disappearing act, only returning to our front page for the occasional guest verse in the years since. Today, he finally returns to the spotlight with unreleased loosie Green Light. Beatsmith Scoop DeVille looks to Dre for inspiration behind the boards, chopping up the iconic brass sample from The Next Episode (originally from David McCallum’s The Edge) and adding in some Funky President ‘Hey!‘s for good measure. Lyrically, the record finds Jones on some characteristically gruff, yet high-rolling sh*t, cruising between the bank, the club, and the shopping mall with a dime piece by his side. Complete with hook vocals by Swizz Beatz, this joint isn’t attached to a larger project, but those digging it can keep their browsers locked for further solo material from the Dipset cofounder.
Written by richard on 02/5/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix) ft. T.I., Young Dro, Diddy & Baby" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.