After encouraging listeners to Believe in Magic on his last solo feature, released in May 2011 as part of Pitchfork.TV‘s Selector Series, Jim Jones promptly pulled a disappearing act, only returning to our front page for the occasional guest verse in the years since. Today, he finally returns to the spotlight with unreleased loosie Green Light. Beatsmith Scoop DeVille looks to Dre for inspiration behind the boards, chopping up the iconic brass sample from The Next Episode (originally from David McCallum’s The Edge) and adding in some Funky President ‘Hey!‘s for good measure. Lyrically, the record finds Jones on some characteristically gruff, yet high-rolling sh*t, cruising between the bank, the club, and the shopping mall with a dime piece by his side. Complete with hook vocals by Swizz Beatz, this joint isn’t attached to a larger project, but those digging it can keep their browsers locked for further solo material from the Dipset cofounder.
Written by richard on 02/5/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix) ft. T.I., Young Dro, Diddy & Baby" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.