After encouraging listeners to Believe in Magic on his last solo feature, released in May 2011 as part of Pitchfork.TV‘s Selector Series, Jim Jones promptly pulled a disappearing act, only returning to our front page for the occasional guest verse in the years since. Today, he finally returns to the spotlight with unreleased loosie Green Light. Beatsmith Scoop DeVille looks to Dre for inspiration behind the boards, chopping up the iconic brass sample from The Next Episode (originally from David McCallum’s The Edge) and adding in some Funky President ‘Hey!‘s for good measure. Lyrically, the record finds Jones on some characteristically gruff, yet high-rolling sh*t, cruising between the bank, the club, and the shopping mall with a dime piece by his side. Complete with hook vocals by Swizz Beatz, this joint isn’t attached to a larger project, but those digging it can keep their browsers locked for further solo material from the Dipset cofounder.
Written by richard on 02/5/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix) ft. T.I., Young Dro, Diddy & Baby" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.