Jim Jones has been keeping it low-key over the course of the past year and a half, only surfacing to contribute guest bars to joints by Ricky Blaze (Kill Em) and DJ Infamous (Double Cup (Remix)). Don’t get it twisted, though; despite his recent inactivity, the Dipset vet is still Wit the Sh!t. But is the girl he has his eye on with it, too? That’s the question at the heart of his latest single, a club-ready cut featuring the guest vocals of R&B heavyweight Trey Songz. An unknown beatsmith provides a synth-led backdrop for the collaborators’ flowed and sung bars. This joint isn’t currently attached to a larger project, but y’all will be the first to know if and when that changes.
Written by richard on 06/25/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.