Jim Jones has been keeping it low-key over the course of the past year and a half, only surfacing to contribute guest bars to joints by Ricky Blaze (Kill Em) and DJ Infamous (Double Cup (Remix)). Don’t get it twisted, though; despite his recent inactivity, the Dipset vet is still Wit the Sh!t. But is the girl he has his eye on with it, too? That’s the question at the heart of his latest single, a club-ready cut featuring the guest vocals of R&B heavyweight Trey Songz. An unknown beatsmith provides a synth-led backdrop for the collaborators’ flowed and sung bars. This joint isn’t currently attached to a larger project, but y’all will be the first to know if and when that changes.
Written by richard on 06/25/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.