Featured back in mid-December, 2 Pistols’ My Gurl found the emcee buying his special someone black pearls in honor of President-Elect Barack Obama. What does this have to do with Jim Jones‘s Precious, you ask? Well, after hearing the Dipset vet ask the woman of his dreams to “be [his] Michelle,” I’m starting to think that Obama-themed gifts and pickup lines are just the thing to step up my game with the ladies (I’ll keep you posted on how this pans out). Jokes aside, this romantic record is a strong candidate for follow-up to Pop Champagne, the lead single off Jones’ forthcoming Pray IV Reign. Ryan Leslie does double-duty on the cut, contributing a bass-driven beat that bursts into bloom on his crooned hook, and Jones’ surprisingly punchline-heavy verses set Precious a cut above other for-the-ladies records. Pray IV Reign, Jones’ fourth studio album, is set to hit store shelves February 20th.
Written by richard on 01/14/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.