Featured back in mid-December, 2 Pistols’ My Gurl found the emcee buying his special someone black pearls in honor of President-Elect Barack Obama. What does this have to do with Jim Jones‘s Precious, you ask? Well, after hearing the Dipset vet ask the woman of his dreams to “be [his] Michelle,” I’m starting to think that Obama-themed gifts and pickup lines are just the thing to step up my game with the ladies (I’ll keep you posted on how this pans out). Jokes aside, this romantic record is a strong candidate for follow-up to Pop Champagne, the lead single off Jones’ forthcoming Pray IV Reign. Ryan Leslie does double-duty on the cut, contributing a bass-driven beat that bursts into bloom on his crooned hook, and Jones’ surprisingly punchline-heavy verses set Precious a cut above other for-the-ladies records. Pray IV Reign, Jones’ fourth studio album, is set to hit store shelves February 20th.
Written by richard on 01/14/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.