It seems Jim Jones knows how to make big spending a national trend; after setting off the “baaallllin’!” phenomenon with his breakout hit, We Fly High, he brought his Byrdgang in to make the money Splash, and now his Ron Browz-assisted Pop Champagne is the biggest hip-hop single of 2009 thus far. So, what’s next for the current king of Harlem? Why, Jimmy sees a fine lady he’s willing to Blow The Bank on. With a soulful hook from newcomer Oshy and a smooooth synth beat from Magnedo7, Blow The Bank isn’t an official single yet, but don’t be surprised if it’s selected as one in the future. Jones’ fourth studio album, Pray IV Reign, will be released nationally on February 24.
Written by Burmy on 01/18/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.