It seems Jim Jones knows how to make big spending a national trend; after setting off the “baaallllin’!” phenomenon with his breakout hit, We Fly High, he brought his Byrdgang in to make the money Splash, and now his Ron Browz-assisted Pop Champagne is the biggest hip-hop single of 2009 thus far. So, what’s next for the current king of Harlem? Why, Jimmy sees a fine lady he’s willing to Blow The Bank on. With a soulful hook from newcomer Oshy and a smooooth synth beat from Magnedo7, Blow The Bank isn’t an official single yet, but don’t be surprised if it’s selected as one in the future. Jones’ fourth studio album, Pray IV Reign, will be released nationally on February 24.
Written by Burmy on 01/18/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.