It seems Jim Jones knows how to make big spending a national trend; after setting off the “baaallllin’!” phenomenon with his breakout hit, We Fly High, he brought his Byrdgang in to make the money Splash, and now his Ron Browz-assisted Pop Champagne is the biggest hip-hop single of 2009 thus far. So, what’s next for the current king of Harlem? Why, Jimmy sees a fine lady he’s willing to Blow The Bank on. With a soulful hook from newcomer Oshy and a smooooth synth beat from Magnedo7, Blow The Bank isn’t an official single yet, but don’t be surprised if it’s selected as one in the future. Jones’ fourth studio album, Pray IV Reign, will be released nationally on February 24.
Written by Burmy on 01/18/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix) ft. T.I., Young Dro, Diddy & Baby" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.