It seems Jim Jones knows how to make big spending a national trend; after setting off the “baaallllin’!” phenomenon with his breakout hit, We Fly High, he brought his Byrdgang in to make the money Splash, and now his Ron Browz-assisted Pop Champagne is the biggest hip-hop single of 2009 thus far. So, what’s next for the current king of Harlem? Why, Jimmy sees a fine lady he’s willing to Blow The Bank on. With a soulful hook from newcomer Oshy and a smooooth synth beat from Magnedo7, Blow The Bank isn’t an official single yet, but don’t be surprised if it’s selected as one in the future. Jones’ fourth studio album, Pray IV Reign, will be released nationally on February 24.
Written by Burmy on 01/18/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.