If you were ever the victim of schoolyard taunting, then Jim Jones’ latest official single selection might evoke some unpleasant memories; riding high off his his moneymaking prowess, the Dipset emcee leans out of his drop-top to shout “Na Na” at passers-by. With up-and-comer Brittney Taylor lending a hand on the hook, Jones creates an anthem for those who are making money in ‘09, and want everybody to know. ILLFONICs’ mix of tinny, harpsichord-esque synths with a bass-heavy rhythm section provide a driving backdrop as Jones flaunts his wealth, spitting with singsong, playground-inspired cadences. Though tough economic times may make it difficult for fans to play along at home, there’s no question that the March 24th release of Pray IV Reign will have Jim Jones and his crew laughing all the way to the bank, not to mention popping a whole lot of primo champagne.
Note: Though our label contact cited Byrdgang member NOE as a featured artist, he does not, to our knowledge, appear on this record.
Written by richard on 01/25/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.