If you were ever the victim of schoolyard taunting, then Jim Jones’ latest official single selection might evoke some unpleasant memories; riding high off his his moneymaking prowess, the Dipset emcee leans out of his drop-top to shout “Na Na” at passers-by. With up-and-comer Brittney Taylor lending a hand on the hook, Jones creates an anthem for those who are making money in ‘09, and want everybody to know. ILLFONICs’ mix of tinny, harpsichord-esque synths with a bass-heavy rhythm section provide a driving backdrop as Jones flaunts his wealth, spitting with singsong, playground-inspired cadences. Though tough economic times may make it difficult for fans to play along at home, there’s no question that the March 24th release of Pray IV Reign will have Jim Jones and his crew laughing all the way to the bank, not to mention popping a whole lot of primo champagne.
Note: Though our label contact cited Byrdgang member NOE as a featured artist, he does not, to our knowledge, appear on this record.
Written by richard on 01/25/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)