If you were ever the victim of schoolyard taunting, then Jim Jones’ latest official single selection might evoke some unpleasant memories; riding high off his his moneymaking prowess, the Dipset emcee leans out of his drop-top to shout “Na Na” at passers-by. With up-and-comer Brittney Taylor lending a hand on the hook, Jones creates an anthem for those who are making money in ‘09, and want everybody to know. ILLFONICs’ mix of tinny, harpsichord-esque synths with a bass-heavy rhythm section provide a driving backdrop as Jones flaunts his wealth, spitting with singsong, playground-inspired cadences. Though tough economic times may make it difficult for fans to play along at home, there’s no question that the March 24th release of Pray IV Reign will have Jim Jones and his crew laughing all the way to the bank, not to mention popping a whole lot of primo champagne.
Note: Though our label contact cited Byrdgang member NOE as a featured artist, he does not, to our knowledge, appear on this record.
Written by richard on 01/25/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix) ft. T.I., Young Dro, Diddy & Baby" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)