If you were ever the victim of schoolyard taunting, then Jim Jones’ latest official single selection might evoke some unpleasant memories; riding high off his his moneymaking prowess, the Dipset emcee leans out of his drop-top to shout “Na Na” at passers-by. With up-and-comer Brittney Taylor lending a hand on the hook, Jones creates an anthem for those who are making money in ‘09, and want everybody to know. ILLFONICs’ mix of tinny, harpsichord-esque synths with a bass-heavy rhythm section provide a driving backdrop as Jones flaunts his wealth, spitting with singsong, playground-inspired cadences. Though tough economic times may make it difficult for fans to play along at home, there’s no question that the March 24th release of Pray IV Reign will have Jim Jones and his crew laughing all the way to the bank, not to mention popping a whole lot of primo champagne.
Note: Though our label contact cited Byrdgang member NOE as a featured artist, he does not, to our knowledge, appear on this record.
Written by richard on 01/25/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.