Jim Jones has recently developed a habit of jumping on other artists’ most popular songs. Following the star-studded takeover of Ron Browz’ Northeast club smash, Pop Champagne, Jones is building up quite the hype for his new album, entitled Pray IV Reign, with yet another reworking of an existing single. On the “remix” to electro-pop superstars MGMT’s Electric Feel, the former DipSet capo, along with original producers Ben Goldwasser and Andrew Van Wyngarden, create a unique blend of synth and street. Unlike most artists who simply snatch or grab others music, the Harlem-born Jones actually came together with the Brooklyn-residing MGMT in the studio. Electric Feel could most certainly be spun in East Coast clubs alongside the work of fellow genre-bending tastemaker Swizz Beatz; does Jones need to Pray IV Reign, or is this one in the bag?
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/11/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.