Jim Jones has recently developed a habit of jumping on other artists’ most popular songs. Following the star-studded takeover of Ron Browz’ Northeast club smash, Pop Champagne, Jones is building up quite the hype for his new album, entitled Pray IV Reign, with yet another reworking of an existing single. On the “remix” to electro-pop superstars MGMT’s Electric Feel, the former DipSet capo, along with original producers Ben Goldwasser and Andrew Van Wyngarden, create a unique blend of synth and street. Unlike most artists who simply snatch or grab others music, the Harlem-born Jones actually came together with the Brooklyn-residing MGMT in the studio. Electric Feel could most certainly be spun in East Coast clubs alongside the work of fellow genre-bending tastemaker Swizz Beatz; does Jones need to Pray IV Reign, or is this one in the bag?
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/11/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix) ft. T.I., Young Dro, Diddy & Baby" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.