Jim Jones has recently developed a habit of jumping on other artists’ most popular songs. Following the star-studded takeover of Ron Browz’ Northeast club smash, Pop Champagne, Jones is building up quite the hype for his new album, entitled Pray IV Reign, with yet another reworking of an existing single. On the “remix” to electro-pop superstars MGMT’s Electric Feel, the former DipSet capo, along with original producers Ben Goldwasser and Andrew Van Wyngarden, create a unique blend of synth and street. Unlike most artists who simply snatch or grab others music, the Harlem-born Jones actually came together with the Brooklyn-residing MGMT in the studio. Electric Feel could most certainly be spun in East Coast clubs alongside the work of fellow genre-bending tastemaker Swizz Beatz; does Jones need to Pray IV Reign, or is this one in the bag?
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/11/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix) ft. T.I., Young Dro, Diddy & Baby" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)