“Swagger.” It’s the latest “in” word. If you possess it, there is really no better way to spread the news than by creating a song centered on it. While you’re at it, you’ll probably want to use the word in the song’s title (and of course in the chorus). And who likes a single without guest features? Get a whole bunch of your friends, all of whom also possess it, and have them spit swaggerific bars about it. In case you were wondering (or, maybe, you don’t get out much), the song I am referring to (amongst similar copycat versions) is T.I. and Jay-Z’s dual single, Swagger Like Us. After it dropped this summer, Dipset Capo Jim Jones took umbrage; he has since remixed the song (now entitled Swagger from Us) with some tweaked production from Chink Santana, and guest verses from Lil’ Wayne (whose “swagger” is evidently certified), Twista, and NOE. So, do you possess enough swagger to take a listen? We think so…
Written by DJ Z on 11/20/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.