“Swagger.” It’s the latest “in” word. If you possess it, there is really no better way to spread the news than by creating a song centered on it. While you’re at it, you’ll probably want to use the word in the song’s title (and of course in the chorus). And who likes a single without guest features? Get a whole bunch of your friends, all of whom also possess it, and have them spit swaggerific bars about it. In case you were wondering (or, maybe, you don’t get out much), the song I am referring to (amongst similar copycat versions) is T.I. and Jay-Z’s dual single, Swagger Like Us. After it dropped this summer, Dipset Capo Jim Jones took umbrage; he has since remixed the song (now entitled Swagger from Us) with some tweaked production from Chink Santana, and guest verses from Lil’ Wayne (whose “swagger” is evidently certified), Twista, and NOE. So, do you possess enough swagger to take a listen? We think so…
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix) ft. T.I., Young Dro, Diddy & Baby" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.