“Swagger.” It’s the latest “in” word. If you possess it, there is really no better way to spread the news than by creating a song centered on it. While you’re at it, you’ll probably want to use the word in the song’s title (and of course in the chorus). And who likes a single without guest features? Get a whole bunch of your friends, all of whom also possess it, and have them spit swaggerific bars about it. In case you were wondering (or, maybe, you don’t get out much), the song I am referring to (amongst similar copycat versions) is T.I. and Jay-Z’s dual single, Swagger Like Us. After it dropped this summer, Dipset Capo Jim Jones took umbrage; he has since remixed the song (now entitled Swagger from Us) with some tweaked production from Chink Santana, and guest verses from Lil’ Wayne (whose “swagger” is evidently certified), Twista, and NOE. So, do you possess enough swagger to take a listen? We think so…
Written by DJ Z on 11/20/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)