“Swagger.” It’s the latest “in” word. If you possess it, there is really no better way to spread the news than by creating a song centered on it. While you’re at it, you’ll probably want to use the word in the song’s title (and of course in the chorus). And who likes a single without guest features? Get a whole bunch of your friends, all of whom also possess it, and have them spit swaggerific bars about it. In case you were wondering (or, maybe, you don’t get out much), the song I am referring to (amongst similar copycat versions) is T.I. and Jay-Z’s dual single, Swagger Like Us. After it dropped this summer, Dipset Capo Jim Jones took umbrage; he has since remixed the song (now entitled Swagger from Us) with some tweaked production from Chink Santana, and guest verses from Lil’ Wayne (whose “swagger” is evidently certified), Twista, and NOE. So, do you possess enough swagger to take a listen? We think so…
Written by DJ Z on 11/20/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix) ft. T.I., Young Dro, Diddy & Baby" (2006)
You Might Like...
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.