Dame Dash opens Jim Jones’ new Jay-Z diss track, Harlem’s American Gangster, by stating how amusing he finds “N*ggas who want to be like Harlem N*ggas.” More amusing, however, is a joint effort that attempts to steal the thunder away from Mr. Carter mere days before the major release of his highly-anticipated American Gangster album. While it is well known that Dash and Carter haven’t been friendly since the ‘death of the dynasty’ and Jones has maintained an extremely silly beef with his New York neighbor, the song does its duty. Instead of forgetting about Jones’ like a one hit wonder member of the Diplomats, the industry is reminded that Capo is here to stay.
Written by DJ Z on 11/4/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix) ft. T.I., Young Dro, Diddy & Baby" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)