Dame Dash opens Jim Jones’ new Jay-Z diss track, Harlem’s American Gangster, by stating how amusing he finds “N*ggas who want to be like Harlem N*ggas.” More amusing, however, is a joint effort that attempts to steal the thunder away from Mr. Carter mere days before the major release of his highly-anticipated American Gangster album. While it is well known that Dash and Carter haven’t been friendly since the ‘death of the dynasty’ and Jones has maintained an extremely silly beef with his New York neighbor, the song does its duty. Instead of forgetting about Jones’ like a one hit wonder member of the Diplomats, the industry is reminded that Capo is here to stay.
Written by DJ Z on 11/4/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix) ft. T.I., Young Dro, Diddy & Baby" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.