Dame Dash opens Jim Jones’ new Jay-Z diss track, Harlem’s American Gangster, by stating how amusing he finds “N*ggas who want to be like Harlem N*ggas.” More amusing, however, is a joint effort that attempts to steal the thunder away from Mr. Carter mere days before the major release of his highly-anticipated American Gangster album. While it is well known that Dash and Carter haven’t been friendly since the ‘death of the dynasty’ and Jones has maintained an extremely silly beef with his New York neighbor, the song does its duty. Instead of forgetting about Jones’ like a one hit wonder member of the Diplomats, the industry is reminded that Capo is here to stay.
Written by DJ Z on 11/4/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix) ft. T.I., Young Dro, Diddy & Baby" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.