Thus far in 2010, Jim Jones has kept a relatively low Booth profile, surfacing only for Dipset reunion cut Salute and the odd guest appearance. So, what’s the self-proclaimed “King of Harlem” been up to for the last nine months or so? Getting high, of course! Oh, and working on a brand new album. Heralding the project’s arrival is freshly-released single Blow Your Smoke, a slow-rolling affair which finds Jones enjoying a leisurely, weed-enhanced drive through the city streets. Frequent Starrs & Murph collaborator araabMUZIK mans the boards, cooking up a dreamy, synth-laced instrumental sure to please the smokers (as well as those who prefer to vibe out without chemical assistance). Fittingly, Jones’ verses find him in mellower form than usual. “Relaxed” might be an overstatement, though – keeping a wary eye out for cops or lawbreakers who might try and ruin his good time, he admits: “I stay strapped case a n*gga might run up.” So, readers, will you be flipping this one on at your next smoking session (or, for those who don’t partake… um… yoga class)? Those digging it should stay tuned for the latest leading up to the November arrival of Capo, the artist’s fifth full-length.
Written by richard on 09/29/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix) ft. T.I., Young Dro, Diddy & Baby" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.