Thus far in 2010, Jim Jones has kept a relatively low Booth profile, surfacing only for Dipset reunion cut Salute and the odd guest appearance. So, what’s the self-proclaimed “King of Harlem” been up to for the last nine months or so? Getting high, of course! Oh, and working on a brand new album. Heralding the project’s arrival is freshly-released single Blow Your Smoke, a slow-rolling affair which finds Jones enjoying a leisurely, weed-enhanced drive through the city streets. Frequent Starrs & Murph collaborator araabMUZIK mans the boards, cooking up a dreamy, synth-laced instrumental sure to please the smokers (as well as those who prefer to vibe out without chemical assistance). Fittingly, Jones’ verses find him in mellower form than usual. “Relaxed” might be an overstatement, though – keeping a wary eye out for cops or lawbreakers who might try and ruin his good time, he admits: “I stay strapped case a n*gga might run up.” So, readers, will you be flipping this one on at your next smoking session (or, for those who don’t partake… um… yoga class)? Those digging it should stay tuned for the latest leading up to the November arrival of Capo, the artist’s fifth full-length.
Written by richard on 09/29/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.