Harlem emcee Jim Jones teamed up with renowned mash-up DJ/producer Girl Talk for the latest episode of the Pitchfork TV series Selector and the progeny of their collective efforts is currently playing in your headphones, Believe In Magic. Producer Girl Talk loops energetic strings from vintage girl group Honey Cone’s Want Ads and mixes in a healthy serving of kickdrum action over a robust bassline to give the track a certain vibrancy that makes you want to lace up a pair of rollerskates and get on your “Roll, Bounce” isht. Jim Jones inserts his freestyle, rife with his patented braggadocio over the infectious composition and per the usual, his adlibs never cease to be amusing. After it was all finished, Jones was digging the track so much that he recruited R&B vocalist Lloyd to be on the hook. While this does not appear on Jim Jones’ latest album Capo, he plans to release it as an official single soon, according to Pitchfork.com. To watch how the magic all unfolded, check the latest episode of Selector over at Pitchfork.TV and stay tuned to DJBooth for more adlibs and nonsensical rhymes from Jim Jones.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 05/10/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix) ft. T.I., Young Dro, Diddy & Baby" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.