Harlem emcee Jim Jones teamed up with renowned mash-up DJ/producer Girl Talk for the latest episode of the Pitchfork TV series Selector and the progeny of their collective efforts is currently playing in your headphones, Believe In Magic. Producer Girl Talk loops energetic strings from vintage girl group Honey Cone’s Want Ads and mixes in a healthy serving of kickdrum action over a robust bassline to give the track a certain vibrancy that makes you want to lace up a pair of rollerskates and get on your “Roll, Bounce” isht. Jim Jones inserts his freestyle, rife with his patented braggadocio over the infectious composition and per the usual, his adlibs never cease to be amusing. After it was all finished, Jones was digging the track so much that he recruited R&B vocalist Lloyd to be on the hook. While this does not appear on Jim Jones’ latest album Capo, he plans to release it as an official single soon, according to Pitchfork.com. To watch how the magic all unfolded, check the latest episode of Selector over at Pitchfork.TV and stay tuned to DJBooth for more adlibs and nonsensical rhymes from Jim Jones.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 05/10/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Fly High (Remix)" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.