It is entirely possible that Hawaii native Jim Hurdle’s name might come from the fact that he leapt over the Pacific Ocean and landed somewhere in the south. At least that is what his style sounds like. On Nobody, his first solo feature at The DJBooth, Hurdle demonstrates a slurred, twang-infused flow, providing the track with a distinctly Down South appeal. While he may have a southern inspired flow, Hurdle shows he can keep pace with sped-up production. In this case, a smooth, old-school beat from producer D-Kind requires a hurried approach on the mic. Hurdle accepts the challenge and is clearly comfortable atop a record with a high BPM count, delivering bar after bar with confidence and fluidity. You can find this tune and others like it on Hurdle’s latest project, Southern Aloha, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/4/13
Submit your Rating
Flip The Bird
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.