It is entirely possible that Hawaii native Jim Hurdle’s name might come from the fact that he leapt over the Pacific Ocean and landed somewhere in the south. At least that is what his style sounds like. On Nobody, his first solo feature at The DJBooth, Hurdle demonstrates a slurred, twang-infused flow, providing the track with a distinctly Down South appeal. While he may have a southern inspired flow, Hurdle shows he can keep pace with sped-up production. In this case, a smooth, old-school beat from producer D-Kind requires a hurried approach on the mic. Hurdle accepts the challenge and is clearly comfortable atop a record with a high BPM count, delivering bar after bar with confidence and fluidity. You can find this tune and others like it on Hurdle’s latest project, Southern Aloha, out now.
Flip The Bird
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.