Not familiar with actress/singer Jill Scott? Don’t even know her name?! Well, that’s a damn Shame, and you’re most definitely missing out on a good thing – as her latest single attests, the veteran songstress’ progressively retro soul stylings deserve a spot on any R&B-lover’s iPod. On this new release, producer J.R. Hutson cooks up a breezy, minimal hip-soul groove (garnished with a little reversed percussion) as Scott admonishes an indecisive fella for letting a spectacular catch like her fall by the wayside. As she puts it, “I’m the one you really want, but you just can’t see it.” Femcee Eve provides moral support after the (brilliantly fresh) bridge, marveling at the transparent wackness of the dude in question. While I have my doubts as to whether this joint will be effective in convincing that unlucky man of the error of his ways, Jill Scott’s prospects of wooing Boothgoers seem much brighter. If you’re digging it, more freshness awaits on the artist’s forthcoming Warner Bros. debut album, Light of the Sun.
Written by richard on 04/7/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)