Sometimes we get wrapped up in the minutia of our lives and agonize over things that we have no control over. How often do we take a step back and just “’preciate sh*t”?. Jill Scott is doing just that in her new video single Blessed, and not to sound cliché but it’s pretty inspiring. Ms. Jilly from Philly definitely has a lot to be thankful for, and when you hear just that it over Dre and Vidal’s dreamy production you get the sense that all is right in the world (even if just for 3 minutes and 44 seconds). The visuals that accompany her sultry sounds are light-hearted and fun, and yes, I’m talking about that awesome moment when Jill Scott has Muppets in her self-directed video, JUST BECAUSE. Seriously, if Muppets don’t make you smile, you truly have hatred in your heart. Jill proudly flaunts her vivacious curves, shows us that her wig game is up to snuff and rocks a dope Biggie t-shirt, which I wanted to steal the moment I saw it). When I grow up, I want to be like Jill Scott – and that includes the snapping back-up singers in suits that follow me around bringing delightful harmony to my immediate surroundings. If you haven’t done so already, check out The Light of the Sun and remember that you’re blessed!
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 04/25/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.