While the quest for greatness requires a single-minded, almost obsessive dedication to your goals, it’s good for your health to take a step back and realize how small our strivings are in the grand scheme of things. Here to deliver our daily dose of perspective is Jigg, who outlines his hopes for the future while acknowledging the fleeting nature of success on new mixtape single Life Will Grow Sweeter. Beatsmith G4 continues in the dreamy, Chipmunk-sampled vein of the Olympicks-produced Keep Waiting, looping a string-drenched snippet of Barbara Mason’s Child of Tomorrow as the Miami rhymesayer waxes philosophical about his quest to break the cycle of struggle and poverty. After juxtaposing the plight of his peers behind bars with his own fantasies of luxurious penthouse living, he concludes the cut on a philosophical note: “I guess we just a bunch of moths chasin’ perfection when it’s nonexistent… What you think is important doesn’t matter either / when you finally realize that, life will grow sweeter.” Feeling this reflective banger? Then stay tuned for further leaks leading up to the yet-unscheduled release of Jigg’s Highgrade 2 tape.
Written by richard on 03/18/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.