While the quest for greatness requires a single-minded, almost obsessive dedication to your goals, it’s good for your health to take a step back and realize how small our strivings are in the grand scheme of things. Here to deliver our daily dose of perspective is Jigg, who outlines his hopes for the future while acknowledging the fleeting nature of success on new mixtape single Life Will Grow Sweeter. Beatsmith G4 continues in the dreamy, Chipmunk-sampled vein of the Olympicks-produced Keep Waiting, looping a string-drenched snippet of Barbara Mason’s Child of Tomorrow as the Miami rhymesayer waxes philosophical about his quest to break the cycle of struggle and poverty. After juxtaposing the plight of his peers behind bars with his own fantasies of luxurious penthouse living, he concludes the cut on a philosophical note: “I guess we just a bunch of moths chasin’ perfection when it’s nonexistent… What you think is important doesn’t matter either / when you finally realize that, life will grow sweeter.” Feeling this reflective banger? Then stay tuned for further leaks leading up to the yet-unscheduled release of Jigg’s Highgrade 2 tape.
Written by richard on 03/18/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.