Back in ‘06, teenage up-and-comer Jibbs dropped his debut album, Jibbs ft. Jibbs, parlaying his strong underground following into mainstream success with smash-hits Chain Hang Low and King Kong. Since then, the St. Louis native’s flow has matured quite a bit, and now he’s hoping to both please his devotees and attract new fans with sophomore album New Swag, New Tempo. After two unsuccessful attempts (Kaveman, Keep It Gangsta), we’ve finally gotten our hands on an official lead single. Knowing an old flame’s in town, Jibbs calls up his favorite radio station to say, “Ay DJ, play this next song which I’m dedicating to my lady!” Jibbs’ special someone will definitely turn the sound up once Lloyd‘s background vocals (less raspy than usual) come on, and Bruno and Mars’ instrumental sets an appropriately romantic mood. If past chart performance is any indication, Ay DJ has the makings of a hit, and should have females everywhere rushing to their local record stores come August 26th.
Written by Burmy on 03/17/09
Submit your Rating
Beatstaz/RoyalDream Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"King Kong" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.