Back in ‘06, teenage up-and-comer Jibbs dropped his debut album, Jibbs ft. Jibbs, parlaying his strong underground following into mainstream success with smash-hits Chain Hang Low and King Kong. Since then, the St. Louis native’s flow has matured quite a bit, and now he’s hoping to both please his devotees and attract new fans with sophomore album New Swag, New Tempo. After two unsuccessful attempts (Kaveman, Keep It Gangsta), we’ve finally gotten our hands on an official lead single. Knowing an old flame’s in town, Jibbs calls up his favorite radio station to say, “Ay DJ, play this next song which I’m dedicating to my lady!” Jibbs’ special someone will definitely turn the sound up once Lloyd‘s background vocals (less raspy than usual) come on, and Bruno and Mars’ instrumental sets an appropriately romantic mood. If past chart performance is any indication, Ay DJ has the makings of a hit, and should have females everywhere rushing to their local record stores come August 26th.
Written by Burmy on 03/17/09
Submit your Rating
Beatstaz/RoyalDream Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"King Kong" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.