Two years ago, if you heard the name Jibbs, it was accompanied by the nursery-rhyme cheekiness of his snap dance smash hit Chain Hang Low. Since then, however, the his voice has deepened, and with this new maturation he will release Keep It Gangsta, the first official single off his forthcoming sophomore LP. Keeping a relatively positive outlook over producer Jesse “Aktual” Blake’s synth-heavy beat, Jibbs lets it be known that he is about representing what you stand for, regardless of what others think. The St. Louis native maintains a nonconformist outlook, rapping “When I talk about being a gangsta, I ain’t talkin’ bout bein’ a killa,” while Miami’s Pleasure P adds an aggressively passionate edge to the song’s hook. Jibbs’ new album, New Tempo, New Swagg is due at the top of 2009.
Written by Erica L. on 09/7/08
Submit your Rating
Beatstaz/RoyalDream Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"King Kong" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.