Two years ago, if you heard the name Jibbs, it was accompanied by the nursery-rhyme cheekiness of his snap dance smash hit Chain Hang Low. Since then, however, the his voice has deepened, and with this new maturation he will release Keep It Gangsta, the first official single off his forthcoming sophomore LP. Keeping a relatively positive outlook over producer Jesse “Aktual” Blake’s synth-heavy beat, Jibbs lets it be known that he is about representing what you stand for, regardless of what others think. The St. Louis native maintains a nonconformist outlook, rapping “When I talk about being a gangsta, I ain’t talkin’ bout bein’ a killa,” while Miami’s Pleasure P adds an aggressively passionate edge to the song’s hook. Jibbs’ new album, New Tempo, New Swagg is due at the top of 2009.
Written by Erica L. on 09/7/08
Submit your Rating
Beatstaz/RoyalDream Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"King Kong" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.